"This teacher training was one of the most special times of my life.
I underwent a physical and spiritual transformation and was put on a path of accelerated growth. I would recommend it to anyone serious about wanting to deepen their understanding and experience of yoga, either for themselves or to be a guide to others."
Deepen your teaching, yoga practice and understanding of yogic philosophy. Our teacher trainings offer the platform for teachers to develop their teaching skills, enhance their personal practice, and translate their heart-wisdom into highly skilled, original yoga classes and workshops. By the completion of this training you be equipped with the tools to teach intelligent, alignment based Vinyasa flow yoga classes, original yoga workshops, and private lessons aimed at accommodating a variety of therapeutic needs.
300 hour training includes:
- Sadhana (sacred practice). Dive deep into the yogic techniques with guided practice. Each Sadhana includes: philosophy, asana, pranayama, meditation, and mantra.
- In depth alignment study of yoga asana ranging from foundational to advanced poses and transitions.
- How to work with injuries and common physical ailments in an effective way.
- Props, how to use them to make poses easier, how to use them to approach challenging poses, and restorative yoga.
- How to teach absolute beginners.
- How to teach intermediate-advanced classes.
- How to teach yoga workshops and step by step guidance in creating your own workshop.
- In-depth study of pranayama, bandhas, and mudras and practice teaching the techniques.
- Anatomy of the human body. Bones, their range of motion and how it relates to yoga asana. Muscles, agonist/antagonist relationships and how it relates to yoga sequencing. Endocrine system, digestive system, respiratory system, and major nerves of the body and how to balance them through yogic practices.
- In depth study of different types of asana sequencing techniques and practice creating your own sequences based on the different methods.
- How to sequence multiple pranayama techniques and practice teaching consecutive pranayama sequences.
- Explore several ancient meditation techniques and practice guiding meditations.
- Hands on adjustments, assists and spotting techniques. When and how to give them and practice giving/receiving adjustments.
- Chakras, nadis, and koshas and how to teach them and invoke their energetic qualities through yogic techniques.
- Mantras, their translations and practice leading them.
- Yogic philosophy, Tantra, and Buddhist concepts. Reflective studies.
- The art of communication. Effective cueing, reading body language, and mindful speech. Emotional release work and how to move from Re-en-act-ment to Response-ability.
- Creating your niche as a teacher and how to put yourself out there.
*All modules will include practice teaching and constructive feedback. To be eligible to attend the 300 Hour YTT, you must have already completed a 200 Hour YTT. Upon completion of the 300 Hour Advanced YTT you are eligible to register as a RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance.*
DATES for 300 Hour YTT:
Training commences on Friday August 24th, 2018 and concludes on Sunday December 16th, 2018.
Most modules are Fridays 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturdays 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., and Sundays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Module 1: 8/24, 8/25/ 8/26
Module 2: 8/31, 9/1, 9/2
Module 3: 9/7, 9/8, 9/9
Module 4: 9/14, 9/15, 9/16
No Class/Take Rest: 9/22, 9/23, 9/24
Module 5: 9/28, 9/29, 9/30
Module 6: 10/5, 10/6, 10/7
Module 7: 10/12, 10/13, 10/14
Module 8: 10/19, 10/20, 10/21
No Class/Take Rest: 10/27, 10/28, 10/29
Module 9: 11/2, 11/3, 11/4
Module 10: 11/9, 11/10, 11/11
Module 11: 11/16, 11/17, 11/18
No Class/Take Rest: 11/24, 11/25, 11/26
Module 12: 11/30, 12/1, 12/2
Module 13: 12/7, 12/8, 12/9
Module 14/Graduation: 12/15 & 12/16
Tuition: $3,250 if registered by January 1st, 2018
$3,500 if registered after January 1st, 2018
E-mail to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Training will be held at Balancing Monkey Yoga Center in Hilo, Hawaii. 1221 Kilauea Ave., Hilo, HI, 96720*